Minor terminfo problem (was Re: Garbage man pages)

Thu Jun 18 16:50:00 GMT 2009

On Jun 18 10:07, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 11:46:50AM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >2009/06/16 11:13:45 running: C:\cygwin-1.7\bin\bash.exe --norc --noprofile -c /etc/postinstall/terminfo.sh
> >chmod: cannot operate on dangling symlink `Eterm-color'
> >
> >ETerm-color points to ../E/ETerm, but the directory is called 'e',
> >not 'E'.  That's a problem when using case-sensitivity like on a couple
> >of my test machines.
> >
> >Chuck?  Can you fix this in a manner which also works on case-sensitive
> >filesyatems, please?
>
> Maybe we should fix this in setup.exe too by setting the terminal type
> to "dumb".  In fact, maybe we should cleanse the environment in setup.exe
> before running any program, if we aren't doing that already.

This isn't really a problem of the $TERM environment setting.  It's just
a call to chmod which goes wrong because the directory "E" is actually
called "e",  You'll only notice that on case-sensitive systems.

Corinna

Red Hat