LFTP issue

Sun Jun 14 10:22:00 GMT 2009

On Tue, Jun 09, 2009 at 12:11:18AM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:

>>I was given access to a friend's Debian box and confirmed that lftp
>>worked as expected when listing that directory.
>>
>>> Can anyone reduce this to a test case which doesn't involve downloading
>>> lftp source?
>>
>>I'm not all the familiar with Cygwin / 'nix code so I'm not sure where
>>I would begin.  Would it help if I did an strace to see where lftp is
>>hanging?
>
>I guess so.  Please send the strace to me personally rather than
>cluttering the list with a large file.
>
>Just remove the obvious parts from my From address above.  Or contact me
>on irc if that doesn't work.

Thanks for the strace.  This + our irc chat allowed me to duplicate the
problem.  It should be fixed in the next snapshot which is building now.

I'd be surprised that this would work on 1.5.x since it relied on cygwin
honoring nonblocking writes on pipes which, AFAIK, we never have done
right.  We can do it better in 1.7.x though and the change I just made
seems to prove that.

cgf