Can I install cygwin from my own setup.ini?

Pan ruochen panruochen@gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 11:17:00 GMT 2009

Well, I was always confused in selecting/deselecting packages during
setup. And I often got the information about some package is required
by another in the final step. So I decided to try patching the setup
source code to make the setup more easy for me (and maybe for other
people).

Until now I've added a package filter to the setup. The filter reads
the package names from an user defined configuration file `setup.ame'
if this file exists in the current diretory, removes all unnecessary
packages from `setup.ini' before feeding the setup information to the
ini parser. In the package chooser screen, only the packages expected
by the user as well as their depent packages are seen. Make all
packages are set as 'Install' or 'Reinstall' status and go next until
download and setup are finished.
Without the `setup.ame' file in the current directory, the setup
process are as the same as normal.

I would be very pleased to offer the setup patched binary excutable as
well as the patched source package, if anyone gets in the same trouble
as me during cygwin setup.

PRC
June 12, 2009