[1.7] segfault with gfortran 4.3.2 when compiling a simple test case

Gustavo Seabra gustavo.seabra@gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 15:37:00 GMT 2009

I'm having problems with gfortran:
$  gfortran --version
GNU Fortran (GCC) 4.3.2 20080827 (beta) 2

GNU Fortran comes with NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
You may redistribute copies of GNU Fortran
under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYING

$ gfortran -O0 -fno-second-underscore -o testp testp.f
gfortran: Internal error: Segmentation fault (program f951)
Please submit a full bug report.
See <http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.

Since the program is a very simple one, I can't believe that this
would be a gfortran bug, and it looks more like a problem with this
particular cygwin installation. The program is simply:

$ cat testp.f
      program testf
      write(6,*) 'testing a Fortran program'
      end program testf

I have also tried changing the command line options removing eithr or
both -O0 -fno-second-underscore, but it made no difference whatsoever.

I am attaching here the output of cygcheck ($ cygcheck -s -v -r > cygcheck.out)

Thanks,
Gustavo Seabra
Postdoctoral Associate
Quantum Theory Project - University of Florida
Gainesville - Florida - USA
Q:      Why do mountain climbers rope themselves together?