Can I install cygwin from my own setup.ini?

Wed Jun 3 17:32:00 GMT 2009

Pan ruochen wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I only want to install the following modules:
> --------------------------
> bash
> base-files
> sed
> gawk
> --------------------------

<snip>

> I used an extern tool to calculate all the required modules from the
> basic module set by parsing the download setup.ini file and generate
> another ini file like:

<mega-snip>

> which contains only the modules I expect and their required modules.
> And I replace setup.ini with the created ini file. But it does not
> seem  the replacement take effect. Setup still run as default.
> Is there any way setup will use download and install modules from my
> own setup.ini?
> It is more easy to install cygwin from a simple module list.

It's my recollection that you can put the packages that you want in a
directory, remove the "setup.ini", and "Install from Local Directory" from
"setup.exe".  I haven't tried this so I can't say that it works for sure
but since it's easy to try, you may want to start there.  Alternately, you
can go the "Creating a custom Cygwin package server" route found here:

<http://sourceware.org/cygwin-apps/package-server.html>

Holliston, MA 01746