How to install-libLTLIBRARIES dll to bin?

Peter Rosin peda@lysator.liu.se
Wed Jul 29 15:31:00 GMT 2009

Den 2009-07-29 11:46 skrev Dave Korn:
> Charles Wilson wrote:
>> Dave Korn wrote:
>>
>>>   Only libtool knows about the DLL.  Only the Makefile knows about the setting
>>> of $bindir from configure.  Currently however the Makefile only passes the
>>> path to the output in $libdir.  Therefore ISTM that the only correct solution
>>> is to add a --bindir= option to libtool and modify automake or libtoolise to
>>> ensure it gets passed by the makefiles when they invoke libtool.
>> Agreed.  This is still on my TODO list for the cygwin version of
>> libtool, and (obviously) for eventual submission to upstream.  However,
>> if somebody beats me to it, PTC.
>
>   Something like this?  Untested as yet, I'm going to put it through a gcc
> bootstrap cycle.  Should I be worried about stripping any final slash off the
> -bindir option to avoid inadvertent doubling-up when I append "/bin/...", do you
> reckon?

I don't think it's that easy, the dlname in the .la file is relative
to the position of the .la file itself. It's simply not intended to
to be an absolute path.

And you forgot the file tests/win32.at in the patch...

Cheers,
Peter