1.5.25-15: Why my $INITRC "set convert-meta off" seems to fail?

Rodion Gorkovenko rodiongork@yahoo.com
Mon Jul 27 16:28:00 GMT 2009

Hello, Andy!

Andy Koppe wrote:

> 'meta-flag' is a synonym for 'input-meta', so you don't
> need both.

For this hint - thank you.

> > $ echo -e "\xC0\xC1\xC2\xC3\xC3\xC4\xC5\xC6\xC7"
> > AAAAAAA?C
> Looks like the font you're using doesn't have the necessary
> glyphs, so Windows substitutes the closest it can think of.

You suppose this is windows, who responsible for this substitution? This thought had not visited my head... I thought substitution is performed by cygwin...

How could I check this?

As I wrote earlier, I preset proper codepage in windows console (by mode con cp select=1251 or 866 or 437 at last) - and when I am trying to view file, written in CP1251 by

cp msg.txt con - then I view it all right,
but with
cp msg.txt /dev/tty - I view it as a sequence of "aaeieii?oeiaaaieieia"

Could you suppose, how can I find exactly where this nasty substitution occurs?

Rodion