1.7: Job control failing in rxvt + bash (can suspend, but fg/bg fail)

Ali Soleimani alis@ku.edu
Mon Jul 27 03:38:00 GMT 2009

  No dice, unfortunately; I tried this and it had no effect.  Checking
with "stty -a" showed that swtch=undef already, and susp=^Z as you'd
expect.

  Note it's not the *suspend* that's acting up -- I know lots of folks
have had trouble getting ^Z to work properly, but there's no problem
with that here.  It's the "fg" and "bg" commands which fail to
properly restart the process.  (fg doesn't actually hook up the
terminal; bg seems to successfully background scripts but then gives a
"core dump" error and loses track of the job.)

-Ali

--
Although this may seem a paradox, all exact science is dominated by
the idea of approximation.