Emacs w3m `w3m-toggle-inline-images' cause segfault

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Wed Jul 22 16:19:00 GMT 2009

On 7/21/2009 10:22 PM, Haojun Bao wrote:
> Here's how to reproduce it:
>
> 1. install w3m-el
>
> 2. start Xwin, and then start emacs with:
>    emacs.exe -q -l ~/1.el

Cygwin's emacs-*-23.0.92-10 packages don't provide emacs.exe.  So you
must be using the version you compiled yourself, unless you somehow have
an emacs.exe left over from a previous cygwin version of emacs.  (I
mention this in case someone wants to try to reproduce your problem, in
which case your instructions would fail.)

> 3. Press M-x w3m in emacs to start w3m
>
> 4. Press g in *w3m* buffer, type http://www.cnn.com/ (I use this URL
> because it contains many images. A site with few images will not
> reproduce this).
>
> 5. Press T in the *w3m* buffer to toggle inline images, then Emacs will
> segfault. And sometimes it may complain "doing vfork resource
> temporarily unavailable" instead of segfault.

I think fork failures are sometimes fixed by rebasing and sometimes
result from http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#BLODA.  Have you looked into
either of those possibilities?  Beyond that, I have no ideas, but maybe
the experts can see something useful in your gdb output.

Ken