FAQ question regarding tcl/tk and paths

Shaddy Baddah helium@shaddybaddah.name
Mon Jul 20 17:49:00 GMT 2009

Hi Larry,

Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
> <http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#WJM>?  No?  Dang!  I've been looking for an
> appropriate place to use that phrase.  I'll keep trying. ;-)
YANMAA - You Are Not Mean At All ;-)
> You might have more luck looking in the context of 'insight'.  'insight'
> comes with the 'gdb' package but is built for Windows rather than relying
> on X.  So the packaged version of Tcl/Tk is the one used for 'insight',
> nothing more, nothing less.
Thanks for the tip. It led me to the thread "Does anyone use insight on
cygwin?" [http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2008-08/msg00089.html] which I
remember reading right the way through. But I wasn't really invested at
the time, that's my excuse for not taking the moral of that thread.

At this point I am tempted to launch into *my* wishlist for tcltk, but I
wont. Instead I will go away and invest some time to see if I can
help/contribute.

Thanks,
Shaddy