Cygwin and Java

Weiqi Gao weiqigao@gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 02:58:00 GMT 2009

M.K. Choy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wrote a class file ComeAgain.java with Emacs in Cygwin:
>
> public class ComeAgain
> { private static int n;
>     public static void main(String[] args)
>    { n = 57;
>      System.out.printf("Come in number %d please%n", n);
>    }
> }
>
> I compiled the script successfully with "javac ComeAgain.java" in
> Cygwin. But when I try to invoke with "java ComeAgain", I got an error
> message:
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
>
> Do you have any idea why?

Try

   java -cp . ComeAgain

If that works, then you have a problem with your CLASSPATH environment
variable setting---it needs to include the current directory "."

If that doesn't work, then you may have saved your *.java file in the
wrong case.  mv it to a different name and then mv it back with the
proper capitalization, then recompile and rerun.

HTH,
--
Weiqi Gao
weiqigao@gmail.com