Subversion not caching password

David Rothenberger daveroth@acm.org
Wed Jul 8 00:16:00 GMT 2009

On 7/7/2009 3:04 PM, Derek Greer wrote:
> Using the Cygwin version of subversion, I have been unable to
> configure it to store my encrypted password in
> ~/.subversion/auth/svn.simple/.
>
> Here are the steps I am taking (the first step to start with a clean config):
>
> - rm -rf ~/.subversion; svn --version
> - edit the ~/.subversion/servers file to include "store-passwords =
> yes" and "store-plaintext-passwords = no" under the [global] section.\

I guess the Cygwin build of subversion can only cache plaintext
passwords, and you've just turned that off, so it won't cache passwords.
I will look into supporting the wincrypt API in the Cygwin build, but I
wouldn't hold your breath if I were you. It might also be possible to
turn on the GNOME keyring or KWallet support, although again I'm not sure.

Volunteer Cygwin subversion maintainer.