fresh 1.7, bash fails with STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Jerry DeLisle jvdelisle@verizon.net
Mon Jul 6 02:51:00 GMT 2009

Dave Korn wrote:
> Vincent R. wrote:
>
>> bash                 3.2.49-22              OK
>> libreadline6         5.2.14-12              OK
>> libreadline7         6.0.3-1                OK
>
> Jerry DeLisle wrote:
>
>> bash                 3.2.49-22
>> libreadline6         5.2.14-12
>> libreadline7         6.0.3-1
>
>   Err, ok.  So you've got the working versions.  So why do you think you're
> getting the same bug at all?
>
>   Surely this *has* to be some entirely different issue than the one that's
> breaking a version of bash that you aren't using on a version of windows that
> you aren't using?

I am very happy to accept that this problem is something else.  Vincent sent a
note that it is working for him.  I am not sure what "working" means.  I have a
bash prompt, but none of the default environment variables such as prompts and
paths and setting up the home directory are complete.

My original post was "Bash initialization w/cygwin-1.7"

What is next step.

Regards,

Jerry