screen and popup console on Windows 7

Sylvain Pasche sylvain.pasche@gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 16:22:00 GMT 2009

Hi,

I saw the recent thread about the unwanted console windows appearing
with MinTTY on Win7.

I just wanted to mention that I see a similar issue with screen in the
same environment (Win7 RC 64-bit, Cygwin 1.7, screen 4.0.3-1): Each new
screen window that is opened creates a persistent console window that
shows in the taskbar (closing the console windows closes the matching
screen window). If you're not familiar with screen, new windows can be
created with the "Ctrl-a c" shortcut.

If a workaround is implemented for this, it could be useful to check if
it solves the issue in screen too.

(by the way, I recently discovered MinTTY and I'm pretty impressed.
MinTTY + screen offers a very nice multiple-tab environment on Cygwin).

Sylvain