configure cannot find boost libraries

Claude Sylvain csylvain@electro-technica.com
Mon Jan 26 23:42:00 GMT 2009

Paulianna2002 wrote:

 > Hi,
 >
 > I am trying to build the package 'SRecord' from source.  When I configure I get

 > checking for stdint.h... yes
 > checking for unistd.h... yes
 > checking boost/shared_ptr.hpp usability... no
 > checking boost/shared_ptr.hpp presence... no
 > checking for boost/shared_ptr.hpp... no
 >
 >         You need to install the Boost C++ library to be able to compile SRecord.
 >         http://boost.org/
 >
 >         If you have a package based system, the package you need to
 >         install will be called libboost-devel or something similar.
 >

 > I did install the boost package(s) under Cygwin.
 >
 > Any advice is appreciated....thanks!!

I had the same problem.

It seems that boost library include files are not located in
/usr/include/boost/, but in /usr/include/boost-1_33_1/boost, or something like
that, depending of the cygwin version you use.

A workaround can be to make a copy of /usr/include/boost-1_33_1/boost/
directory into /usr/include/.  This make the boost directory appear at the
right place.

Not sure if it is the best solution, but its work for me.

Claude.