libapr1 in cygwin

David Rothenberger daveroth@acm.org
Sun Jan 18 22:12:00 GMT 2009

On 1/18/2009 1:26 PM, Daniel Stonier wrote:
> David Rothenberger wrote:
>> I recall that the build failed when static libraries were enabled.
[snip]
> However, I've run into a few hitches with the cygwin source build - I
> just started using cygwin yesterday, so not very familiar with its
> build system/environment and got thrown by errors coming from a
> libtool mismatch. I'll keep at it - I think we're going to need cygwin
> to build our user end programs so I'll need to familiarise myself with
> it regardless.

In case you missed it, I just packaged a new version with static
libraries. The problem was the build/libtool.m4 file in the source
tarball conflicted with the version of libtool now used in the Cygwin
distribution. Removing that file before building solves the problem.

Contact me off-list if you can't wait for the new packages to be
uploaded -- I can provide you with a pointer to them or the updated
cygport files for you to build it yourself.

Friends, n.:
         People who borrow your books and set wet glasses on them.

         People who know you well, but like you anyway.