building PHP5

Paul McFerrin pmcferrin@columbus.rr.com
Sat Jan 17 12:36:00 GMT 2009

I'm needing an expert on building PHP5 to work on Apache 1.3.22.  What
am I doing wrong?

I'm having a dickens of a time building PHP5.  Here is my confugure
command line:
  ./configure --with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs ./configure
--with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs --enable-module=so 2>&1 | tee
configure.out 2>&1 | tee configure.out

I also tried without the "--enable-module=so" and in every case I get
the following error message:
   libtool: link: warning: undefined symbols not allowed in
i686-pc-cygwin shared libraries

and I endup without .dll libraries since my Apache(1.3.x) uses DSO support.

Can anyone shed some light on this?