setup.exe 2.573.2.3 signature failure

Fri Jan 16 16:30:00 GMT 2009

George R Nelson wrote:
> As a newcomer to cygwin, my attempts to download from ctgwin.com or a
> number of mirror sites all failed with signature errors. WHy do I get
> this problem? The error I get is:
>
> Setup.ini signature http://cygwin.com/setup.bz2.sig from
> http//cygwin.com failed to verify.
>
> I have managed to download cygwin using the setup.exe from redhat.

So what were you downloading it with before?  'setup.exe' is the
prescribed way to download (for installation) and/or install.  If you
want a mirror, you want to use another tool but barring that,
stick with 'setup.exe'.

> On a related topic, is there any way to change the URL for the
> download? Or do you just add download sites then highlight the one you
> wish to use?

There are plenty of download sites in the list to choose from.  But if
you want another one not listed, you can add it by typing it into the
edit control below the list and clicking "Add".  Then you can select it
from the list.  You can select up to 4 from the list.

> Finally, I am trying to build some C sources using cygwin but the
> build fails as it is not finding some libraries: libsocket.a, libnsl.a
> and libxnet.a. I've searched both the package lists and the installed
> libraries without success. I am sure that the functions defined in
> these libraries do exist in the cygwin distribution but may be in
> differently named libraries. Can anybody help?

Not significantly with that description.  I'd recommend reading the
problem reporting guidelines and trying again if you're still having
problems.  The guidelines can be found at the link below.

Holliston, MA 01746