First Pass at mintty documentation; etc.

Andrew DeFaria Andrew@DeFaria.com
Thu Jan 15 05:24:00 GMT 2009

Andy Koppe wrote:
> Lee D. Rothstein wrote:
>
>>  > "\e[1;5A": history-search-backward
>>  > "\e[1;5B": history-search-forward
>>
>> Perhaps I don't understand this 'bash' feature, but it doesn't seem
>> to work for me.
> Start typing a command, press Ctrl-Up, and it finds the previous line
> in the history that started like that.
Why not simply type Ctrl-R then the first few letters of a command (or
some letters in the middle of a command). Works great! Requires no
support from any terminal emulator...
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
Old age is when you still have something on the ball but you are just