fetchmail pops up console windows

Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E] BBuchbinder@niaid.nih.gov
Tue Jan 13 17:02:00 GMT 2009

Gary Johnson wrote on Tuesday, January 13, 2009 2:23 AM:
> On 2008-02-22, Dr. Volker Zell wrote:
>> This still bugs me. fetchmail pops up console windows when
>> delivering mails to procmail. It doesn't matter if I run fetchmail
>> directly from the commandline (in my case in a rxvt window under X)
>> or as a service.
>
>> Any hint what could cause this popup windows is appreciated. I'm
>> running under XP SP2 with the latest packages installed.
>
> I'm having the same problem running fetchmail as a daemon from the
> command line.  Were you able to find a solution?

If Dr. Zell cannot solve this problem, I doubt that anything I might
say would be of any use, especially since I have never been faced
with this problem.  But here goes.

Does `cygstart run fetchmail' do what you want?  (See `man run'.)

(Note that run has a `-wait' option.  This might be useful to the
person [in another recent thread] who wanted cygstart to have a
`--wait' option.)

Again, I apologize if this was so much wasted bandwidth.

- Barry