Help! I need drive # for USB flash

Paul McFerrin pmcferrin@columbus.rr.com
Sat Jan 3 18:20:00 GMT 2009

Folks:
I'm expanding my Cygwin on a Platter (bootable & runable CD) to now use
a USB Flash Drive as the medium.  There is an environment variable
called "HOMEDRIVE" that contains the drive letter that the program is
running from.  If running from CD, it will contain the drive letter,  \

However when executing from a USB Flash drive, MS sets it to your
hard-drive letter (C).  As a result, I have no way to determine(easily)
my drive letter to set the appropriate environment.

I'm sure that MS has some sort of API to get this information.  Does
anyone know which API and have a little example of how to use it.  I'm
running XP Pro with sp3 and cygwin 1.5.24.

- Paul McFerrin