wget, ssh, ssh-agent hang in socket_cleanup

Paul McFerrin pmcferrin@columbus.rr.com
Wed Feb 25 03:41:00 GMT 2009

I tried updating cygwin1.dll up to version 1.7 on my production system
and it (system) failed to start.  So I backed it out for now unless
someone can give me some help is upgrading to 1.7 as I have NO
experience with 1.7.  Here are my errors:

Huh?  No /etc/fstab file in \??\C:\cygwin\etc\fstab.d\Paul?  Using
default root and cygdrive prefix...
cygwin warning:
  MS-DOS style path detected: C:/cygwin/home/paul/.bash_login
  Preferred POSIX equivalent is: /home/paul/.bash_login
  CYGWIN environment variable option "nodosfilewarning" turns off this
warning.
  Consult the user's guide for more details about POSIX paths:
    http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#using-pathnames
ksh: C:/cygwin/home/paul/.bash_login[5]: /usr/bin/ksh: not found
mount (1.5 output)
C:\cygwin\bin on /bin type system (binmode)
C:\cygwin\bin on /usr/bin type system (binmode)
C:\cygwin\etc on /etc type system (binmode)
C:\cygwin\lib on /usr/lib type system (binmode)
C:\cygwin\lib on /lib type system (binmode)
C:\cygwin\usr on /usr type system (binmode)
C:\cygwin\u on /u type system (binmode)
C:\cygwin on / type system (binmode)
\\linda\c on /pc type system (binmode)
C: on /c type system (binmode)
D: on /d type system (binmode)
E: on /e type system (binmode)
F: on /f type system (binmode)
G: on /g type system (binmode)
H: on /h type system (binmode)
I: on /i type system (binmode)
J: on /j type system (binmode)
K: on /k type system (binmode)
L: on /l type system (binmode)
M: on /m type system (binmode)
N: on /n type system (binmode)
O: on /o type system (binmode)
P: on /p type system (binmode)
Q: on /q type system (binmode)
a: on /a type system (binmode)

Questions:
1. Why is it looking for fstab under  \??\C:\cygwin\etc\fstab.d\Paul?
2. I get a warning accessing a letter drive number??
Looks like some more reading before trying again.  How stable is 1.7?  I
would like to leave it running in production mode.

Paul
P.S.  I don't have the luxary of bringing down a production system to
debug a new release at this time.