How does one find "cygdrive path" in a Win ".bat" file (was Re: Bug in "startXwin.bat")

Linda Walsh cygwin@tlinx.org
Tue Feb 10 00:34:00 GMT 2009

Larry Hall (Cygwin X) wrote:
> Linda Walsh wrote:
>> The startxwin.sh script works, but startxwin.bat does not work if
>> your Cygwin installation isn't in the default location.
>>
>> You could use "mount -p" (presuming your cygwin\bin is in your windows
>> path, as mine is).
>>
>> If not, need to look in the registry:
>> "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts
>> v2\cygdrive prefix"
>
> No, you don't need to look in the registry.  There's nothing there that
> 'mount' won't tell you.  Forget about the registry.  You'll be better
> off, especially when Cygwin 1.7 is released.
---
	I'm curious -- how does mount find or 'know' the cygdrive path
if it doesn't come from the registry.

	For that matter, how would a windows .bat file find the
'mount.exe' binary if the .bat file doesn't know 'cygdrive path'?