How to install Legacy from scratch?

Fergus fergus@bonhard.uklinux.net
Thu Dec 24 07:18:00 GMT 2009

Thanks for great new version.

1.7 uses setup.ini, draws from release/, uses setup.exe v.2.673.
1.5 uses setup-legacy.ini, draws from release-legacy/, uses setup.exe
v.2.673 (i.e. the same version as 1.7).

My question is: how does a user install 1.5 from scratch (if desired or
needed e.g. old faithful W98SE machine)?

One way is to download setup.exe, setup-legacy.ini and the entire
release-legacy/*, change the .ini filename to setup.ini and then run
setup.exe as a local install.

(Actually I haven't tried this yet, will one additionally have to rename
the directory release-legacy/ to release/ and change all instances of
release-legacy/ where they occur in the .ini file to release/? I guess
it depends what setup.exe is expecting and whether the term
release-legacy will trip it up.)

But how to manage a web install?

Thanks.

Fergus