undefined reference to `___real__Znwj'

Dave "What part of PCYMTNQREAIYR isn't obvious? ;-)" Korn davek.spamtrap@googlemail.com
Fri Dec 18 19:46:00 GMT 2009

jojelino wrote:

>> make -j 10 because of speed gain.
> and it complains.. which i reported it.
> so i got
>> cd i686-pc-cygwin/winsup
> and >make  again.
> and it complains when it comes to cygserver.exe
>
> this could be answer for your question?????

  I was just curious how you got as far as building cygserver.exe without
running into earlier problems compiling the cygwin1.dll; it doesn't build
using 4.5.0 without a lot of patching.

  Anyway, thanks for the bug report; you reminded me that I stumbled across
this bug earlier in the summer but put it to one side because 4.5.0 was still
a long way from release.  Time to fix it, particularly now that the libstdc++
changes have gone in.

  The problem is a bug in the linker, so you'll need to check out binutils
from sourceware.org cvs and apply the attached
weaksyms-vs-undefs-order-of-ref-fix-take-2.diff patch.  You'll also need the
other attached patch for the winsup/cygwin repository before it will all
compile correctly with 4.5.0; there are a number of aliasing problems to which
4.5.0 is more sensitive than earlier GCCs.

  (I'll be feeding these patches back upstream in due course, once I've given
them all some further testing, but they build an apparently fully working
4.5.0-compiled cygwin1.dll so far, anyway.)

    cheers,
      DaveK