sshd crashing on win64 CreateProcessA failed, errno 30

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman@kitware.com
Thu Dec 17 20:32:00 GMT 2009

I have a bit of an odd problem.   I am running sshd from cygwin on a
windows XP 64 machine.  I use it to build, test and package CMake for
cygwin.  So, from a Linux machine I run a shell script via ssh on the
windows machine.  The shell script builds CMake, and runs all of the
CMake tests.   I have been doing this with a win32 machine for many
years.  However, I have recently tried to move the build to a win64
machine.

Without fail on the win64 machine during the run of the CMake tests, the
sshd crashes.

If I look in /var/log for sshd I find this:

  1 [main] sshd 4684 fork: child -1 - CreateProcessA failed, errno 30

So, I figured it was something wrong with that machine.  However, if I
do the same thing on a different 64 bit windows box, I get the same
error.  The win32 machine still works.  It would seem that one of the
tests that CMake runs is causing the sshd to crash.   Is there a way to
debug this?  Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks.

-Bill

--