Unable to install MingW & gcc C & C++ libraries

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Thu Dec 10 21:21:00 GMT 2009

On 12/10/2009 3:44 PM, Chip Panarchy wrote:
> Then I download the latest (1.7) installer of Cygwin, and select the following;
> Aria2, cron, ctris, curl, ddd, distcc, ed, gcc4-core, git, git-gui,
> git-svn, hexedit, httping, inetutils, lynx, MinTTy, nano, ping, pwgen,
> readline, vim & wget.
>
> (As well as whichever dependencies)
>
> Here is my logfile;
> http://pastebin.com/f759d466f
>
> For some reason it gets stuck at the emacs.sh screen.

This is strange, but I don't know if it explains the problem:

2009/12/10 09:52:25 root: C:\cygwin
[...]
2009/12/10 10:47:31 running: N:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe...

Do you have an old Cygwin installation in N:\cygwin?

Ken