Cygwin 1.7 ssh and window size

Karl M karlm30@hotmail.com
Sun Aug 30 03:34:00 GMT 2009

Hi All...

I just noticed the following with Cygwin 1.7, and ssh (and vi in this example), on Vista Business SP2.

If I (1) open a bash cygwin window from the normal installed shortcut (cmd.exe).

(2) drag the bottom edge of the window down to enlarge it.

(3) ssh localhost (or to another host).

(4) edit a file with vi.

Then only a portion of the window is used, the size of the original window before enlarging it.

If I (5) exit vi, and exit the ssh session.

(6) ssh localhost (or to another host).

(7) edit a file with vi.

Then the entire window is used for editing.

Thanks,

...Karl