Trying to make a proper CYGWIN build for Apache 2.2.13

Jeffrey C. Jacobs darklord@timehorse.com
Fri Aug 28 14:04:00 GMT 2009

I've hacked the Apache 2.2.6 source to make it match Apache 2.2.13,
updated the patch file and am trying now to build using the template of
the 2.2.6 patch.

When I build Apache using the updated apache2-2.2.13-1.sh script, I can
get through most phases of the build but when I get to the the final
link step for httpd2, I get:

/usr/lib/libcygwin.a(libcmain.o):(.text+0xab): undefined reference to
`_WinMain@16'

Any thoughts on what I should change?  I'm a bit surprised as, of
course, Windows binaries set their entry point to WinMain (mangled as
_WinMain) where as unix binaries as well as command-line binaries use
main, and since Apache hasn't any GUI elements, shouldn't the linker
expect _main and not _WinMain?  Since this is so fundamental in the
build process, I find it highly unlikely that Apache has changed so much
from 2.2.6 to 2.2.13 that it broke the CYGWIN build in this way, but one
never knows and certainly if there's a fix I'll add it to the patch
since I hope if I can get this working, I can contribute it to the
project as an official release.

Jeffrey.