Compiling problem

Bob Cowdery bob@bobcowdery.plus.com
Fri Aug 14 20:32:00 GMT 2009

Hi

I seem to be having some fairly fundamental problems which must be
finger trouble.

My end game was to install Cython and compile up some Python stuff which
was written on Linux but needs to run on Windows. There are lots of
shell scripts involved and the complete system does not lend itself to
running native, hence the short-term need to run under Cygwin.

First up I couldn't figure how to compile the Cython package. Next, I
thought Pyrex might suffice and as it is part of Cygwin saved that part
of the compile. I installed Pyrex and have tried to build a minimal
Python module but gcc can't seem to locate the python header files. They
are there and the -I points to the right place
'-I/usr/include/python2.5'. In that directory is Python.h which it can't
find.

This is starting to drive me mad, any help appreciated.

Regards
Bob