fork: child died

Wed Aug 12 12:28:00 GMT 2009

On Aug 12 11:36, wynfield@gmail.com wrote:

> zsh "configs and makes" but fails on "make check" testing.
>
> 1.) cygwin vers: CYGWIN_NT-5.1 1.7.0(0.212/5/3) 2009-08-11 11:07 (latest 1.7.0.57)
>
> 2.) zsh version attempting to build: zsh-4.3.10
>
> 3.) compilers tried:
>    - gcc (GCC) 3.4.4 (cygming special, gdc 0.12, using dmd 0.125)
>    - gcc (GCC) 4.3.4 20090802 (prerelease)
>

> Here is a sample of the same repetiting failure of the form:
>

> ".... fork: child -1 - died waiting for longjmp before initialization...."
>
> I beleive I saw a reference to the cause of this kind of failure in one of Corinna's messages, but would like to clarify it and see if any workarounds exist for now, till it can be properly fixed in the core cygwin dll (if that's the problem)?
>
> Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

It seems that this is a result of the same problem described here:

I have a fix/workaround/hack for this problem, see this thread
on the cygwin-developers list:
http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-developers/2009-08/msg00021.html
With the dlopen patch in place and rebuilding the zsh modules using the
newly built libcygwin.a, the zsh testsuite does not fail in the above
way.  I get 3 testsuite failures, but they are not related to that
problem.

Corinna

Red Hat