mintty doesn't run on NT4 due to lack of GetConsoleWindow

Thu Aug 6 04:47:00 GMT 2009

I spent much of the day trying to resurrect my Windows NT4 system and
now that I finall have it back, I just tried to run mintty and noticed
that it seems to be using GetConsoleWindow.  That's not allowed on NT4.
I get an error that says:

"The procedure entry point GetConsoleWindow could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll"

This means that this entry point isn't available on Windows NT4.

This also exposes a problem with Cygwin on NT4 since I removed the
code which worked around this a while ago under the assumption that
this was an NT-thing rather than a NT 2K thing.  This means that
CYGWIN=tty doesn't work on Windows NT4.

Andy would it be possible to avoid calling this function when it isn't
available?  I'm going to put back the workaround code which used to be
used on Windows 9x in Cygwin so you can steal that when I'm done if
you'd like.

cgf