Can't execute scripts from a samba share with 1.7

Nahor nahor.j+gmane@gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 20:50:00 GMT 2009

Hi,

I have a samba share mounted in cygwin with the following fstab entry:
//server/nahor /home/nahor smbfs binary,user,exec,acl,posix=0,cygexec 0 0

Permissions are set correctly:
$ ls -al
-rwxr--r-- 1 nahor Domain Users      19 Aug  5 11:46 t.sh

My test script doesn't do much:
$ cat ./t.sh
#!/bin/sh
echo foo
$

But when I execute:
$ ./t.sh
-bash: ./t.sh: Permission denied
$

If I mount with "noacl", I get a slightly different error but still no
cigar:
$ ./t.sh
-bash: ./t.sh: /bin/sh: bad interpreter: Permission denied
$

The script runs fine if I pass it as argument to bash/sh:
$ sh ./t.sh
foo
$

I can also execute the script fine with cygwin 1.5. And I think it was
working fine when I started using cygwin 1.7 (1.7.0-47) but I can't be
totally positive (is there a way to install an older version other than
the one before last to make sure?).

/etc/passwd and /etc/group are up-to-date (generated using "mkpasswd -l
-d" and "mkgroup -l -d").

Any idea what I'm overlooking?

    Nahor