Problems Installing Cygwin on Win XP Pro

Tue Apr 21 16:38:00 GMT 2009

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 12:30:55AM -0700, Wayne Watson wrote:
>That's fine.  It's been a winding, tricky path to get to here.  I'll
>download it from the site you mentioned.

There is no need to overcomplicate this.  If you want to download Cygwin
you go to the web site called "cygwin.com" and follow the instructions
on the web page there.

> Well, I tried something like a bromly site and it died during the download.
> I then picked the redhat site, and it downloaded 15M.  Both bromly and
> redhat release folders looked similar. About the same number of folders.
> 30? Alternatives to zlib.

Don't know what a "bromly" site is but obviously lots of people are
installing Cygwin.  If you are having problems we need lots more details
than "died during the download".  What exactly did you see?

cgf