[1.7] flock change breaks autotools 'make -j2'

Eric Blake ebb9@byu.net
Mon Apr 20 15:29:00 GMT 2009

Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin <at> cygwin.com> writes:

> > > I'd prefer a testcase in C.
> >
> > So would I.  I'm not even sure whether perl was using flock or
> > lockf/fcntl.  Do you still need me to try and write a STC, or at least
> > test how perl behaves with your first patch?
>
> I checked in a patch which hopefully solves both problems.  The lock.pl
> testcase now works, at least.  Can you test if the original scenario
> works now as well?  If not, I'd really need another testcase.

Nope; with snapshot 20090418 I'm still seeing the 'make -j2' failures.  I'll
see if I can come up with a C program that can be run as two processes to
simulate the failure as a simpler test case.  I did verify via strace that perl
is using flock(fd, LOCK_EX).

--
Eric Blake