duplicate *.exe commands

Atom Smasher atom@smasher.org
Thu Apr 9 21:27:00 GMT 2009

On Thu, 9 Apr 2009, Reini Urban wrote:

>> try this - http://www.smasher.org/zsh/zshrc-v0.147.gz
>> http://www.smasher.org/zsh/
>
>> like i said... i'm a *nix guy, and there are a few cygwin optimizations
>> in there that make cygwin/zsh feel much more like home.
>
> ## cygwin only: commands that auto-complete with and without .exe suffix are
> annoying.
> [[ ${OSTYPE} == cygwin ]] && { hash -f ; unhash -m '*.exe' }
>
> This could go to zsh upstream.
==================

check out this thread - http://www.zsh.org/mla/users/2009/msg00396.html

i'll be away from cygwin for the next few days, but i'll try that out and
possibly incorporate that fix into my zshrc.

--
         ...atom

  http://atom.smasher.org/
  762A 3B98 A3C3 96C9 C6B7 582A B88D 52E4 D9F5 7808

 	"Thoughtcrime was not a thing that could be concealed forever.
 	 You might dodge successfully for a while, even for years, but
 	 sooner or later they were bound to get you."
 		-- George Orwell, "1984"