duplicate *.exe commands

Thorsten Kampe thorsten@thorstenkampe.de
Thu Apr 9 09:23:00 GMT 2009

* Atom Smasher (Thu, 9 Apr 2009 14:23:09 +1200 (NZST))
> i'm coming from a *nix background, but i'm finding that cygwin makes
> things suck less on windows.
>
> one of the things that really annoys me are the duplicate *.exe
> commands...
>  	cat & cat.exe
>  	awk & awk.exe
>  	sed & sed.exe

> what a mess, especially when i use auto-complete in my shell.

I can't reproduce that with bash

thorsten@tkampe[~]$ ca<TAB>
cabinet.dll    cal            calwin32.dll   cat.exe
cabview.dll    cal.exe        capisp.dll     catsrv.dll
cacls.exe      calc.exe       captoinfo.exe  catsrvps.dll
cadaver.exe    caller         case           catsrvut.dll
thorsten@tkampe[~]$ ca

So cat is only listed once (as cat.exe) (cal is listed twice because I
aliased it to "cal -m").

Thorsten