edit Aux.pm under GNU emacs hangs

Spiro Trikaliotis an-cygwin@spiro.trikaliotis.net
Tue Apr 7 10:24:00 GMT 2009

Hello,

* On Mon, Apr 06, 2009 at 06:20:26PM +0200 Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Apr  6 18:12, Spiro Trikaliotis wrote:

> > * On Mon, Apr 06, 2009 at 03:00:21PM +0100 Phil Betts wrote:
> > > Marc Girod wrote:
[...]
> > > http://cygwin.com/faq/faq-nochunks.html#faq.using.dos-filenames

> > Is this still true for Cygwin 1.7? I mean, Win 9x support has been
> > dropped, there is no reason not to use the \\.\... path specifiers,
> > which would make this problem vanish.
>
> Apart from the fact that you should use slashes instead of backslashes,
> there isn't any need to use //./ in Cygwin 1.7.  Just open Aux.pm.

I was asking if 1.7 supports the access to such files. As I was assuming
that you would use the Win32 API, I asked why *Cygwin* does not use the
\\.\... paths.

> http://cygwin.com/1.7/cygwin-ug-net/using-specialnames.html

Ok, so this is not an issue for 1.7 anymore. Good to know.

Best regards,
   Spiro.

--
Spiro R. Trikaliotis                              http://opencbm.sf.net/