reseting HOME directory

Wed Oct 29 15:50:00 GMT 2008

mcbenus wrote:
> I did so and it worked! I am still a little concerned about what other
> software on my PC will be effected by this modification.  Also, when I open
> cmd and type 'set HOME' , I still get the previous HOME directory.  Does
> that make sense?

Not for a new cmd.exe window opened after the change has been applied,
no.

> isn't it supposed to show me the new HOME?

Yes.

I'd still recommend reviewing your installed software to see what
might have set this in the first place.  If you don't need it, just
get rid of it.  As you said before, you were running fine without
it (with /home/USER) until "one day" when it changed.  If you
revisit what you installed (and perhaps even subsequently uninstalled)
at that time, you will know whether you need to be concerned with
setting HOME, where, and how.

Holliston, MA 01746