Ruby and OpenSSL: no such file to load -- openssl (RuntimeError)

Redd Vinylene reddvinylene@gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 20:48:00 GMT 2008

On Sun, Oct 19, 2008 at 5:57 PM, Robert Klemme
<shortcutter@googlemail.com> wrote:
> 2008/10/18 Redd Vinylene <reddvinylene@gmail.com>:
>> I'm getting this error on Cygwin when trying to run this tiny little Rails app:
>>
>> ./script/../config/../vendor/rails/railties/lib/initializer.rb:253:in
>> `require_frameworks': no such file to load -- openssl (RuntimeError)
>>
>> I have both the openssl and openssl-devel packages installed. There's
>> even an openssl.so in /lib/ruby/1.8/i386-cygwin. I don't know about
>> libopenssl-ruby though, it only seems to exist for Debian and Ubuntu.
>>
>> Anybody got a clue? Have a nice weekend y'all.
>
> Maybe you got your environment messed up.  Did you try adding
> /lib/ruby/1.8/i386-cygwin to RUBYLIB?
>
> robert
>
> --
>
> --

Thank y'all so much for the help! It turned out to be one of them "how
could I've been so stupid" things.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience I may have caused, and wish you all a
pleasant journey to where ever you're heading.

--
http://www.home.no/reddvinylene