Problem to open big selfextracting Zip files from bash - starting from scratch :-)

Fri Oct 10 17:33:00 GMT 2008

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 09, 2008 at 11:51:23AM +0200, Dirk Napierala wrote:
>> If I missed feedback to the thread below I have to apologize.
>> Otherwise I would like to recall this (my last post)again
>
> This is getting old.  Rather than repeatedly apologize for theoretically
> not reading a response, go back through the responses and make sure of
> the fact yourself.

FWIW, I'm the cygwin zip maintainer. Unfortunately, I have not had time
to investigate this -- or deal with much related to cygwin at all -- for
some time, for reasons I don't want to get into on a public mailing
list.  I hope that will change soon.

In the meantime, any detailed analysis, source-code level debugging
results, or (ideally) patches will be thoughtfully considered. I *am*
archiving all messages concerning my various packages, like zip.

--
Chuck