ssh accepting AD kerberos tickets

Thu Oct 9 17:36:00 GMT 2008

Sam Liddicott wrote:
> I've read about cygwin, ssh and network access till my neck hurts.
>
> It seems to me that if someone :-) integrates ssh kerberos
> authentication such that sshd accepts an AD kerberos ticket, that
> _maybe_ this could be associated with the login and give the client
> session the right credentials to use the network.
>
> Is this true?
>
> How big is the hole? Maybe the change-security-token-thingummy just
> needs to hand over some credentials if it has any (making the hole
> small)? Does anyone know?

Are you asking if integrating kerberos is possible and how it might
be done or are you suggesting that this is a way to solve some
problem (like maybe pubkey authentication issues?)  If it's the
latter and is specifically aimed at pubkey, Corinna's LSA authentication
is available in the upcoming 1.7 release.  See the original announcement
from her about this here:

<http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-developers/2006-11/msg00000.html>

Holliston, MA 01746