[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: {ghostscript/libgs8/libgs-devel}-8.63-1 - GPL PostScript interpreter

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Fri Nov 28 07:09:00 GMT 2008

On 11/26/2008 11:11 AM, Dr. Volker Zell wrote:
> New versions of 'ghostscript/libgs8/libgs-devel' have been uploaded to a server near you.

This version of ghostscript seems to be incompatible with xdvi (on
cygwin).  eps graphics don't display, and I get the error message

    xdvik: read_from_gs: Connection reset by peer

I've checked on the texlive mailing list, and people are successfully
using ghostscript 8.63 with xdvi on other systems, so this seems to be
cygwin specific.  Do you have any idea what the problem could be?  I can
use ghostscript 8.62 without a problem.

Ken