pthread_t

John Emmas johne53@tiscali.co.uk
Sun Nov 23 19:48:00 GMT 2008

I'm trying to compile a program in which pthread_t is expected to be

typedef long unsigned int pthread_t;

the program builds fine under Linux but when I try to compile under
Cygwin I see this error:-

    conflicting declaration 'typedef long unsigned int pthread_t'
    pthread_t has a previous declaration of
    'typedef struct __pthread_t* pthread_t'

The file, /usr/include/cygwin/types.h does define it like this, although
/usr/include/sys/types.h defines it differently:-

typedef __uint32_t pthread_t

which seems a bit closer to what I was expecting.

I just wondered which declaration I should really be using for cygwin?  The
declaration in sys/types.h or the one in cygwin/types.h ?

Thanks,

John