problem with cygwin and GLUT on Vista

Michael McGuffin michael.mcguffin@etsmtl.ca
Thu Nov 6 14:45:00 GMT 2008

I ran "cygcheck ./main.exe" on my executable, and saw that it was trying
to link with C:\Windows\system32\glut32.dll which I think I installed a
while back from Nate Robins web site
( http://www.xmission.com/~nate/glut.html
<http://www.xmission.com/%7Enate/glut.html> ) and which has nothing to
do with the glut that comes with cygwin.  So I temporarily renamed the
glut32.dll under system32 to "disable" it, and ran "cygcheck ./main.exe"
again, and found that now it was finding C:\cygwin\bin\glut32.dll .  Now
my program works fine, and so do my other OpenGL+GLUT programs.  I don't
recall this interference between glut dll files being a problem on MS
Windows XP.  Anyway, thank you very, very much for the help!  It solved
a problem I've had for a long time.