group = (2**32-1) = 4294967295

Linda Walsh cygwin@tlinx.org
Wed Nov 5 20:11:00 GMT 2008

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> But you have the properties dialog in Explorer, or the cacls tool
> on the command line to find out.  If that's on Vista, it might be
> the "TrustedInstaller" group which is neither a local group nor a
> domain group.  Don't ask me what the idea behind this group is.
---
	It's in Windows XP -- their are only two entries in the
Security Tab -- me and 'SYSTEM'.  It had me s owner, but with no
access, so that fixes the access error I was also getting, BUT
the group is still unset.

cacls shows:
C:\home\law\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects
    ATHENA\law:(OI)(CI)F
    NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM:(OI)(CI)F

Hmmm....is "NT AUTHORITY", not considered a 'local' system account maybe?
Otherwise, shouldn't it show SYSTEM as the group?

But SYSTEM as a group shows '18' in my /etc/group file, not "-1"
Seems like some of these files (perhaps the installer is trying to use
the the TrustedInstaller Credentials you mention, but since this is an
XP machine, it doesn't exist?  Uh...weird.