Why I hate updates

Stefan Scholl stesch@no-spoon.de
Mon May 26 07:12:00 GMT 2008

/bin/xterm: Can't execvp /usr/bin/bash: No such file or directory
cygwin warning:
  MS-DOS style path detected: c:\ruby\bin\inputrc.euro
  Preferred POSIX equivalent is: /cygdrive/c/ruby/bin/inputrc.euro
  CYGWIN environment variable option "nodosfilewarning" turns off this warning.
  Consult the user's guide for more details about POSIX paths:
    http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#using-pathnames
bash-3.2$

I just want to use it. I don't have time to follow every detail
of the development.

Because Cygwin sometimes forces me to restart the whole system
after I install an additional program, I have developed the habit
of updating Cygwin every start of a work day.

I really hate it when things just break after an update.

--
Web (en): http://www.no-spoon.de/ -*- Web (de): http://www.frell.de/