[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: pkg-config-0.23a-1

Sat May 10 03:05:00 GMT 2008

Damon Register wrote:
> name@address wrote:

Please do not feed the harvesters. Do not quote email addresses in replies.

>> The pkg-config program is used to retrieve information about installed
>> libraries in the system, including the CFLAGS, LDFLAGS, and other
>> information necessary to compile and link against one or more libraries.
>>
>> post 0.23 release:
> is this the one called 0.23a-1 in the subject?

These are official changes to upstream pkg-config's repository, after
the 0.23 release.

>> pkg-config 0.23
> this is just plain 0.23?

yes.

> Has anyone successfully used 0.23a-1?  I just updated my Cygwin
> installation this morning and I see the pkg-config version I got is
> this new 0.23a-1.  I have the PKG_CONFIG_PATH set and echo shows it
>
> $ echo $PKG_CONFIG_PATH
> /usr/X11R6/lib/pkgconfig:/c/cygwin/lib/pkgconfig

This should probably be /usr/X11R6/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig  (if
you have C:/cygwin mounted as /, and C:/cygwin/lib mounted as /usr/lib
(which is the normal configuration).

> When I try to do a simple test, pkg-config segfaults

confirmed.

I'll look into it, and thanks for the report. pkg-config passed all of
its built-in testsuite, but it appears there is some missing "coverage"
in those tests!

--
Chuck