HEADSUP: Need maintainer for uw-imap

René Berber r.berber@computer.org
Fri Mar 7 17:46:00 GMT 2008

Dr. Volker Zell wrote:

>     > Hi,
>     > we need a new maintainer for the orphaned uw-imap package.  It still
>     > uses openssl097 as the only package left.  Since openssl097 is
>     > depreacted for a long time, and since there has been found a security
>     > problem (buffer overflow) in 0.9.7 lately, I will pull the openssl097
>     > package in a week.  If uw-imap has no new maintainer until that time,
>     > I will remove it from the distro, too.
>
> I'll give it a try, as I'm using it.

If you need any help I'm willing.

I use uw-imap from sources, and follow the user's list.  The current
stable version, 2007, builds out of the box on Cygwin and just have a
few differences with other environments (no support for mix format
mailboxes, tmail with Exim seem to cut messages randomly -- I haven't
tested if this one has changed, I last observed it with version 2006k).

Regards.
--
René Berber