GraphicsMagick: gm does nothing, always exits with status 53 - cygcheck-svr.out (1/1)

Hugh Sasse hgs@dmu.ac.uk
Thu Mar 6 16:53:00 GMT 2008

On Thu, 6 Mar 2008, Andrew Schulman wrote:

> > I tried recently to do the same as you did, and to give my cygcheck.out
> > uuencoded.
>
> Well I didn't exactly try to uuencode it-- what I did was to attach it to a
> message and post it through Gmane.  I'd forgotten that that doesn't work well
> for cygwin purposes.
>
> Sorry for the base64 garbage, everyone.  I'll repost the cygcheck output inline

If it had been base64 it would probably have worked:
$ uuencode --help | uuencode -m uuhelp
begin-base64 644 uuhelp
VXNhZ2U6IHV1ZW5jb2RlIFtJTkZJTEVdIFJFTU9URUZJTEUKCiAgLW0sIC0t
YmFzZTY0ICAgIHVzZSBiYXNlNjQgZW5jb2RpbmcgYXMgb2YgUkZDMTUyMQog
ICAgICAtLWhlbHAgICAgICBkaXNwbGF5IHRoaXMgaGVscCBhbmQgZXhpdAog
ICAgICAtLXZlcnNpb24gICBvdXRwdXQgdmVyc2lvbiBpbmZvcm1hdGlvbiBh
bmQgZXhpdApSZXBvcnQgYnVncyB0byA8YnVnLWdudS11dGlsc0BnbnUub3Jn
Pi4K
====

just in case you need to know, later.

        Hugh